The University of North Texas. (UNT) will be hosting an array of Earth Week events from April 21-25 that include award ceremonies, tree plantings, festivals, expos, art exhibitions, educational forums and more. This year marks the university’s sixth year of Earth Week celebrations.
– April 4 to 25: 3arthWurx Art Exhibition, with SCRAP Denton.
– April 16: EarthFest @ Discovery Park from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. with free lunch, goodies and fun activities
– April 21: Earth Week awards ceremony and commemorative tree planting from noon to 1 p.m. at Gateway Lawn, with free refreshments and a tree planting.
– April 22: EarthFest from 4 to 7 p.m. at the UNT Library mall with free food, music, demonstrations and an expo.
– April 23: What the Frack? From 5 to 6 p.m., an educational event about the process of hydraulic fracturing in the natural gas industry. Learn more about this controversial topic and be a part of the conversation.
– April 25: Arbor Day Tree Planting from noon to 2 p.m. on the lawn area in front of Murchison Performing Arts Center. Plant trees on campus.
For more information, visit Sustainable.UNT.edu/earthweek.